National and Regional Leadership and Recognition
- Vice Chair for the Council of State Governments-West,
- Co-Chair of the National Agriculture Task Force,
- National Sportsmen’s and Women’s National Legislator Award, 2018
- Henry Toll Fellow (2018)
- Rising Leaders in the United States (2018).
- One of six legislators selected by the Government of Canada. Toured Canada focusing on agricultural trade.
- National Institute of Civil Discourse
- Work with legislatures across the country to build civility and empathy among legislators. Trained Idaho, Delaware, Minnesota legislatures and the National Conference of Majority Leaders, 2015-2019.
- Participant in a three-day workshop on civility by the Kettering Foundation, 2017.
- Western Leadership Academy (2016)
- The President’s Award, WaterReuse USA, 2020
- United States Society of School Psychologists, Legislator of the year, 2019
- American Planning Association, Legislator of the Year, 2019
- Colorado Society of School Psychologists, Special Friend of Children, 2019
- Hemp Legislator of the Year, 2019
- The Pinnacle Award, the highest legislative award--Colorado Farm Bureau, 2018
- Colorado Livestock Legislator of the Year, 2018
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife Old Warrior Award, 2018
- Fraternal Order of Police, Colorado Legislator of the Year, 2018
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Colorado Legislator of the Year, 2017
- Colorado Conservation Districts, Legislator of the Year, 2017
- Colorado Corn Growers, Legislator of the Year, 2016